Head of Personal Injury and Medical Negligence
I qualified as a Solicitor in 1985 and have over 25 years experience in handling severe injury claims for both children and adults. I have an interest in acquired brain injury, spinal injuries, rehabilitation and capacity and I firmly believe that the early introduction of rehabilitation promotes independence for clients with permanent life changing injuries.
I adopt a multi-disciplinary approach, liaising with the clinicians, case managers and the Court of Protection where necessary. I also act as a Deputy appointed by the Court of Protection.
I act in claims involving severe sexual abuse, psychiatric injury and professional negligence arising from claims handled unsuccessfully by other lawyers.
In addition, I spend my time as a Visiting Lecturer with Birmingham University and the University of Gloucestershire and as a Lay Member of the Medical Research and Ethics Committee for Wales.
My professional memberships are as follows:-
• Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine
• Fellow of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL) and an accredited specialist in brain injury as well as an assessor in this speciality.
• Trustee of Headway Milton Keynes
• Member of the Law Society’s Personal Injury Panel
• Member of the Association of Child Abuse Lawyers (ACAL)
• Member of the Spinal Injury Association (SIA)
• Member of the British Association of Brain Injury Case Managers (BABICM)
• Member of the Medico-Legal Society (London)
• Member of the United Kingdom Brain Injury Forum (UK ABIF)
• Member of the Brain Injury Social Work Group (BISWIG)
• Member of the British Neuropsychiatry Association
• Accredited with Headway.
• I am also an APIL-accredited specialist and assessor for brain-injury litigation.
Away from the office I enjoy my garden, riding, walking my dogs and visits to the theatre.